It feels like everywhere I turn there is another email or mailing for a walk, bike-a-thon, run, golf scramble or some other summer fundraising event going on right now.
Habitat for Humanity Minnesota - 2012 Habitat 500
A post I recently came across from Robyn Mendez via the Connection Café Blog is a fun quick read with good food for thought on making sure your event fundraisers are feeling great about supporting your organization. The post: 35 Ways to Recognize Top Event Fundraisers is a terrific list to dig into and add to. Check out these great reminders for ways to make sure you are making it FUN to support your events.
Here’s a partial look at Robyn’s list:Pre-Event
- Early Registration Opportunities – Perfect for events that sell out
- Work Appropriate Logoed Apparel – Golf Shirts – Great for the guys!
- Enamel Pins
- Logoed Water Bottles
- Top Fundraiser Ball Caps – People love their team t-shirts on event day, compliment that shirt with a cap!
- Top Fundraiser Socks – Don’t compete with the team t-shirt, compliment it!
- Top Fundraiser Cycling Jerseys
- Top Fundraiser T-shirts
- Top Fundraiser Running singlets
- Feature their personal stories on your webpage
- Special reserved spot at the front of the Starting Line
- Access to the VIP tent
- Special Race Numbers or Bibs - Give your #1 Fundraiser a brightly colored #1 Race Bib
- Reserved port-a-potties at start line, route and finish line
- Handwritten Thank You Notes from your Board President or Executive Director
- Top Fundraising Trip or Prizes
- Access to VIP area at other fundraising events, let your top fundraiser from your cycling event hang out at your Walk VIP tent
- Access to Exclusive Volunteer Opportunities outside the event
- Invites to an Awards Dinner
- Invites to other organizational events throughout the year